Saturday, April 23, 2011

Thinking About a Road Trip

At least here in my neck of the woods, it rained quite a bit on Thursday and has been overcast for the last three days. After getting a good start on my summer tan, without tan line of course, I haven't had a chance to get any sun lately. While my garden needed the rain and it was appreciated, the current cloudy conditions, according to the National Weather Service, won't be changing any time soon. This sure puts me in the mind for a road trip somewhere that is getting some sun.

The Possibilities

No firm plans yet but there are a couple of places that easily come to mind. For some time now I have been intending to make a trip to Desert Sun Resort in Palm Springs or to Cypress Cove in Florida. I've yet to visit both places and either would likely be a great trip with plenty of sunshine. But since I am in the midst of building a new house and have yet to get the roof on it, I think I'd feel guilty about taking more than a few days away at this particular time. Especially since I just returned from a lengthy vacation to Australia in February. So maybe instead I'll just take 3 or 4 days and head down to either Bluebonnet or Wildwood, two of my favorite Texas landed clubs. I'm in the mood to do some tent camping since the warm weather has arrived and both have excellent, shady sites available along with the amenity that I simply must have, free WiFi!

The Poll

I have been so appreciative of the good number of readers who have already voted in the new poll. I have something to share next week that relates to the poll which is why it occurred to me to post it. If you haven't voted yet, please do before the poll closes next week. I managed to successfully pass a couple of statistical course in college so I know these polls aren't truly scientific, but I think they are fun and at least give some insight into your opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment