Monday, June 8, 2009

Couple Faces Eviction for “Nearly” Nude Gardening

Today on the Internet I came across a United Press International story about a Boulder, Colorado couple who are facing eviction on the grounds that they are in the opinion of their landlord, creating a nuisance. According to the report, the married couple, Catharine Pierce, 51, and Robert Pierce, 58, enjoy gardening in the front yard of their Boulder home wearing only thongs and pasties. Since the two are not exposing their genitals, their activities are not a violation of any local laws or ordinances. Still, their “nearly” nude gardening obviously is an irritation and affront to their apparently prudish landlord who has taken legal action to put an end to things by having the pair evicted for creating a nuisance.

Their landlord is Boulder Housing Partners, which administers an affordable housing program for the City of Boulder. In an interview with the local Boulder newspaper, Executive Director Betsy Martens was quoted to say, “Defining the word ‘nuisance’ is tough.” “This is not a legal issue, it's a community issue. We try and balance the needs of the whole community.” The implication apparently being that the nude gardening activities by the Pierce’s violates community mores as they relate to modesty.

The couple however begs to differ with Ms. Martens, asserting that Boulder Housing Partners is infringing on their basic rights. “We want our freedom,” Robert Pierce told the same Boulder newspaper, adding, “We want exactly what the law gives you, and we don't want to be harassed about it.”

Boulder was recently the center of nude behavior controversy over the annual “Nude Pumpkin” run where a number of college students engaging in an annual prank were arrested and prosecuted under indecency laws for appearing nude in public. The ACLU intervened in that situation and it will be interesting to see whether they come to the aid of the Pierces.

---------------------------
Associated Content Update

As an update, I have had three more “nudist” articles accepted for publication by Associated Content and the links are provided below. I appreciate those who have taken time to view the first article I mentioned several days ago and hope you will click on the links and check out these new articles. Thus far the folks at Associated Content have been quite accepting of my nudist articles and I have a couple of more in queue.

A First Nudist Experience

Have You Ever Considered a Nude Cruise?

The Skinny on Skinny-Dipping

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everyone, A Special Invitation for You!
    I just wanted to let everyone know about my new book. Especially here at this site. Why, because everyone in my book is naked. They Love being naked and loving all the time. Here’s a few short excerpts from my book for your enjoyment:
    …”You see in our society, beauty and love and making love are lifelong desires we all have. Love and making love is what our society is all about. It is what we’ve been Genetically Engineered to do. We celebrate Healthy living and Sex. It is our way.”…
    …True to her word, as we left the Medical Center hand in hand, I saw females here and there being carried about while mounted upon muscular males. I also saw couples here and there making love on couches and other soft pedestals which were placed along the way, as Female told me, just for that purpose. I also felt warm air circulated about me, in this beautiful domed city of love, so that walking about naked felt quite normal and comfortable. I looked up as we left the Medical Center and observed the beautiful Dome that covered the city. So I had correctly guessed that the air was filtered and climate controlled just like in one of my ‘Sleep Units’. …
    …This was a beautiful city full of Beautiful people doing Beautiful things. Nearly always naked, they work and have wonderful sex whenever possible. …
    Not too bad ha. I wrote this book with the nude lifestyle in mind. My book is called: Tomorrow’s World #1 by Steve Nelson. Please Google me and my book title for more info.
    Thank You Very Much, Steve Nelson

    ReplyDelete