Sunday, March 22, 2009

Emerging Nudist

Recently I read an article which used the term “absolute nudist”, suggesting it referred to someone unhesitant and unashamed to openly reveal his or her chosen lifestyle as a nudist to anyone and everyone - someone willing to lay it all on the line for the cause - not just about living without clothing but about living without fear of being judged by others in society who might not be pro-nudism.

By that definition I certainly am not even close to being an “absolute nudist”. Candidly, I guess I’d have to admit to being closer to being a “closet nudist” than an absolute nudist. None of my family members and few of my non-nudist friends know about my passion for nudism. While I’m open about my naturist tendencies on a nudist site I belong to as a member and here, both are places I feel comfortable doing so. On the nudist site, I’m communicating with others who also are into social nudism and nude recreation, so they understand. Here I am afforded the protection of anonymity. I’m just not yet at a point where I feel comfortable talking about or revealing my interest in nudism to just anybody.

Since my views about naturism and my practice of it are continually evolving so I’m not actually sure exactly what kind of naturist I am. Here based on the title of my blog, I’m an “emerging nudist” which I suppose is as good a label as any to apply to myself if a label is even needed. I have incorporated and adapted the naturist lifestyle, philosophies and practices into my life where I can. I do however remain practical about it and realize that nudity doesn’t fit into every situation. While I prefer to be nude whenever possible, I don’t feel I’m compromising myself when I must wear clothing. At least I have arrived at the point where wearing clothes is no longer an automatic decision but is now a conscious choice.

I sometimes find myself daydreaming about the opportunity to live the nude lifestyle all the time. Perhaps someday I might move somewhere where social nudity is more accepted by society in general and have that chance. Until then I will just have to be content with incorporating naturism into my life where it fits. Interestingly, even when I’m fully dressed, I still feel like a naturist. Am I an absolute naturist? No. Am I an emerging naturist? Yes, I think so and for now, I’m happy being that.

No comments:

Post a Comment