Sunday, March 29, 2009

Getting Started as a Nudist

While I didn’t start this blog as previously mentioned for the purpose of converting anyone to the nudist/naturist lifestyle, perhaps you have been following this blog and some of what I’ve said seems to resonate with you. Perhaps you have found yourself interested in exploring nudism but don’t quite know how to start.

If you had the same type of conservative upbringing that I did, you first inclination is not to head for the nearest nude beach or resort. My well meaning parents imbued me with a good bit of shame about nudity and as a consequence for years I struggled with body issues. When I first came to look at nudism and began to see that this was something I wanted to experience, I needed a very low key and non-threatening introduction to it. The same is likely true of many others.

Getting started is actually very simple, just take your clothes off and get naked right there in the privacy and safe environment of your own home. That is exactly how I started. If you are anything like me, the first thing you do when you arrive home is to remove your shoes. Why? Because it just feels more comfortable. Getting naked just takes that a step further and believe me it does feel a lot more comfortable. I have reached the point where I never wear clothes at home and am always nude unless I’m answering the door or entertaining non-nudist friends. I feel so comfortable with it now in fact that on more than one occasion I have just caught myself at the last second before walking out on my patio completely naked. That would not be a good thing since I live in an apartment complex where anyone who happened to look would have seen me. This is just an illustration of how comfortable I have grown with being nude and now I actually don’t really even think about it or notice that I’m not wearing clothes.

Another way to get comfortable with living clothes free at home is to spend time doing routine household chores and activities in the nude: house cleaning, laundry, cooking, eating, etc. I use to hate cleaning my apartment and candidly, I still don’t actually enjoy it but it is one of those things that must be done. Now that I do it in the nude, it doesn’t seem nearly as much a chore because I’ve combined something not inherently pleasurable with something very pleasurable, spending time nude. Everything I do at home, I do while naked and this I think is an excellent way to gain comfort with your own nudity. At first anytime I walked past a mirror, I’d notice my nakedness but now I don’t give it a thought.

Once you get comfortable being naked inside your home, if you happen to have a backyard with a privacy fence, I’d encourage you to take advantage of the opportunity to get comfortable with being nude outdoors. You could sunbathe, just sit out on your patio nude reading a good book or if you have a pool, try some skinny dipping. I think you will find the feel of the warm sun and breeze on your bare skin to be most delightful. I think you will be surprised how quickly you will become comfortable living in just your own skin.

At some point after getting comfortable spending time naked at home, many people will then become interested in trying social nudity and spending time naked around others. The others might be family, close friends, people you live with, or perhaps total strangers (which is often easier) by way of a visit to a nude beach or nudist resort. If you do live with others, be sure to respect their feelings. It’s better to discuss things with them beforehand as they may find it a little odd if you just start going naked around the house. Once they find out you like to be naked and get accustomed to it, they may not have any problem with it even if they don't choose to go along. Once you are comfortable with being nude at home and on your own property and if you do decide to try social nudity among strangers, in a later article I will discuss how you go about finding a nudist venue and what to expect on your first visit.

Some people will learn to enjoy spending time at home nude but that may be where their interest in nudism ends and being a “home nudist” may fulfill all the needs they have as a nudist. If that is the case, then there is certainly nothing wrong with it. Just as nudism isn’t for everyone, social nudism also isn’t. There is no hierarchy among nudists. If you enjoy being a home nudist, you are every bit as much a nudist as those of us who enjoy social nudism and are comfortable spending time nude while socializing with other like minded people.

5 comments:

  1. I am a nudist too,I am very comfortable at home as well as going hiking or biking naked.
    The problem I have been having is getting caught no matter how hard I try to avoid contact with non nudist.
    Second problem I want to take the next step and get involved with social nudity, but all the resort with in driving distance cost almost $200.00 a day just to visit.
    So how can i get into social nudism out side of going to resort I can't afford?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Congratulations for your initiative to live in the nude. I know that from now will be very hard don't live without nudism in your life. What changed in your life since you decided for this new life style. How was you before and after nudism. Regards. Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog. Nudism is a lovely and peaceful way to experience the world, and I like to do it whenever I get the chance (which is not very often, given the climate I live in). Summer is upon us once again, and I will go to my secluded spot along the river outside of town and take "air baths" as Benjamin Franklin used to call them. At least I think it was Benjamin Franklin. At any rate, it sure feels good, both physically and psychologically, to just rid yourself of this thing we call clothing. It is so necessary in our world, almost all of our waking hours, but to get the chance to forget about it, and forget about this ingrained social rule occasionally is very relaxing and liberating. It`s a kind of agreement with other nudists: they don`t mind seeing you without clothes and you don`t mind them seeing you without clothes. And to remove the shame and secrecy of the human body - ALL of it - is just such a warm feeling. I have a difficult time putting it into words. I believe that you just have to do it. The summer of 2016 should turn out to be a good one for me, and I think I am going to experience as much of it in the nude as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the summer of 2016 was very rainy, and now it's almost over, so it wasn't as great as I had hoped. Still, I did get down to the river and relax in the nude once, and even that one "air bath" made me feel relaxed and complete for a long time.

      Delete
  4. I love the opportunity of nudism and seeking a caring gentleman for a LTR I am TS beautiful Pre-Op ready to go the extra mile! sweetlywithyou777@gmail.com Yes I, have pix.

    ReplyDelete