Friday, March 5, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

On a personal note, a few days ago I happened to notice that the one year anniversary of The Emerging Nudist was fast approaching, as I began this web log in April 2009.

Much has changed for me personally during the intervening months. I have actually been on an extended hiatus for many months during which nothing new was written or posted here. What prompted me to return was that while researching an article a few days ago, this web log showed up on the first Google search page in response to the search term I had used. That is a fairly good indication that a significant number of people must still be landing here from time to time and hopefully reading what has been written and published previously.

While my writing horizons have expanded quite a bit since beginning TEN, I felt there was likely still some value to maintaining this web log and so am going to make the effort to resume writing and publishing here on a regular basis.

I never really lost interest in TEN and have remained quite passionate about the nudist culture and lifestyle even though I was not writing much about it. At least in my opinion, there is really no end to the topics and perspectives that one might explore with respect to nudism. But during the summer of 2009 I had some personally significant nudism related disappointments which I feel might explain my departure from nudist writing.

Partly, those disappointments came about as a result of my own quite predicatable naivety as a newcomer to social nudity which produced for me some unrealsitic expectations. I expected everyone who identified with the nudist movement to be as excited about and committed to nudism as I was and was frankly more than a little disappointed to learn that was not the reality of things.

I am a year older and a year wiser and have since accepted that nudists are a rather independent lot which is one reason of course that people identifying themselves as nudists are attracted to a social counter-culture to begin with. People can be just as passionate about nudism as I but express it differently. Perhaps I am a bit more pragmatic these days than the idealistist that experienced the excitement that attends the discovery of something that seemed to fit so perfectly in his life when it was first discovered, yet the orginal passion, albiet perhaps tempered a bit by reality, still exists.

In the days ahead I hope to present some new topics and stimulate new discussions that people engaged in or perhaps merely exploring nudism will find worthy of considering.



No comments:

Post a Comment