Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Non-Landed Club Update

If you have been following this blog, recently I shared about the new non-landed club I’m helping to start in my local area, North Texas Naturists. We have scheduled our first event after conducting a member survey and voting on the event site and date. Hopefully we will have a decent turnout that we can build on. I’ve learned that there is a good deal of work that goes into getting a nudist club started and a fair share of frustration too.

By way of a history review, I pitched the idea of starting an actual club, operating as a travel club in the forums of an Internet social nudists networking site that I am a member of. I was more than pleased by the fact that pretty quickly twelve people expressed interest in getting a club started. Yet as things have developed, I estimate only about fifty percent of those actually seem serious about it. The others seem content just to identify with our online group and don’t seem inclined to actually participate with the real deal. Several haven’t provided email addresses and so did not take part in either the member survey or the vote and so I’m not very hopeful that they plan on attending our May event. Still if a half dozen people show up then I’ll feel the first event was a success. We are holding it at a local naturist’s resort and so there will be other nudists there besides just our group.

Just thought I’d update the readers on the club and of course I’ll post a follow up once we have the event and share how it turned out for those who may be interested.

On another note, please participate in the poll if you haven’t voted yet. I’m so pleased with the number that have already voted. To those who have been kind enough to post a few comments lately, I really appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say 50$ participation is pretty good. The non-landed club I belong to claims to have between 100 and 200 or more members but I've rarely seen more than a dozen at any of our swims and a half dozen at our visits to a landed facility. This summer the club isn't even scheduling summer visits. Instead the club president has asked us to post something in the club's discussion group when we plan to visit a club so others can join us if they're interested.

    A few of us have tried to get some things happening but there seems to be quite a bit of apathy and it can be discouraging. But enough my laments.

    Hope your first club event goes well and you can keep people interested and involved.

    ReplyDelete