Friday, April 3, 2009

Where's the Beef!!!

Some who visit this blog may ask themselves, “If this is a nudist blog where are the nudie pictures?” I suppose it is a fair question and so I thought today I’d answer it. I do use nudist related images on the blog as illustrations and to break up the boredom of an all text format. But I do purposely avoid using anything that would be controversial or that might offend the sensibilities of those do not appreciate open nudity.

First, it is not my desire to attract voyeur types. There are plenty of sites on the internet where people can find images of naked people if that is what they are into. They will quickly discover that they won’t find that here. I find that most of life is dictated by a sort of “bell curve” when it comes to opinion. With respect to the nudism opinion bell curve, on one side you have those who actively embrace nudism. At the opposite end, you have those who for a variety of reasons are totally offended by nudity in any way, shape or form. In the middle you have those who have no strong feelings one way or the other. It is the middle group that I seek to target. Especially those within the group who are open-minded and receptive to factual information about a lifestyle that they just may have never given any serious thought to. I certainly don’t want to alienate any of those people by filling my blog with images in the raw that some might find objectionable.

A few things you will never see on this blog are;
  • Images depicting nudity in a way that sexualizes it like images of people having sex, crotch shots, etc.
  • Images depicting nude children.
  • Images that sensationalize nudity to the point that nudity appears an aberrant form of behavior that departs completely from social norms.
  • Images that further the stereotypes of the “perfect” body as promulgated by the Madison Avenue types with the airbrushed, enhanced images that bear no resemblance to the average human body and provide an unattainable ideal that results in low self-esteem and poor body image for so many people.
  • Nude images of me, the author of this blog. Until a month ago I had never been photographed in the nude at any time in my life. I have since been photographed and have published several nude photographs on a nudist community web site that I am a member of but this blog is not the proper forum for such depictions. I am unashamed of my body and have no problem with other nudists seeing naked images of me in an appropriate forum. But I am not an exhibitionist and get no sexual gratification from others seeing me in the nude, either in photographs or in person. Additionally, a part of this blog experience is that being a private person, I enjoy the anonymity of it so it would be counter productive to publish any identifiable photograph of myself here.

So if someone visits this site with the expectation of seeing some juicy nude images then they are in for a rather large disappointment. I would like to keep this blog “public” as opposed to it being branded an “adult content” site and I think my current image guidelines will help facilitate that so that I might enjoy wide “exposure” with respect to thought rather than bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment