Monday, May 4, 2009

Nothing More to Say?

There are a number of really good nudist blogs that I follow on a regular basis. The other day I happened to be reading some of the older posts on one of my favorites where the author stated that he had already pretty much covered nudism from “every” angle and didn’t really feel that there was anything more to share on that topic. Thus he planned to turn his attention for the most part to other topics. That brought to mind an old commercial that I saw a few times years ago where a man was sitting in front of a computer screen bearing the words, “The End” and hearing a voice telling him, “You have come to the end of the Internet, there is nothing more.”

My blog is still quite new but frankly, I haven’t yet had any reason to believe I’ll soon run out of things to write about and offer up for discussion about nudism. For one thing, the driving motivation behind my blog is to present nudism and nudists in an accurate, honest way as the wholesome, healthy lifestyle I believe it to be. I can’t imagine that as long as general society views nudism as a sort of fringe, aberrant practice that I would tire of being a positive advocate for it. There is much for nudists to do I think both with respect to advocacy, education and lobbying for less restrictive access to public lands and in all of those areas I see great potential for things to write about in this blog. I feel so passionately about social nudity that I can’t imagine ever feeling satisfied with the current status quo. I truly want those outside the nudist community to gain a better understanding and more positive perspective on who naturists are and what we are really about. I’d also like to see society as a whole come to better terms with the nude human body and start to reject the lies of the “perfect” body that have been foisted on people for decades by Madison Avenue and the media.

When I have undertaken talking with my non-nudists and friends about nudism, the things I hear most is either they are fearful of appearing nude in a social setting because they feel others would find their bodies unattractive or they themselves fear seeing other nude people who don’t happen to be twenty something, hard bodies. That truly serves to show how skewed our perspectives on what is attractive and unattractive have become. Until those kinds of attitudes begin to change, I doubt seriously that I will ever feel I have written and discussed “everything” there is to talk about when it comes to nudism or social nudity.

3 comments:

  1. You are correct - the work never stops. I've been blogging since 2005 with nearly 1700 posts, and the problem is not with coming up with topics, but finding the time to write. Welcome to the online nudist community, you are doing good work, and I have linked your blog with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. There are always going to be nudism-related topics to write about even if they've already been covered by someone else. Each of us can add their own perspective. We've got a long way to go before our lifestyle is accepted and becomes more mainstream and every one of us needs to be an advocate for it and promote as best we can.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everyone, A Special Invitation for You!
    I just wanted to let everyone know about my new book. Especially here at this site. Why, because everyone in my book is naked. They Love being naked and loving all the time. Here’s a few short excerpts from my book for your enjoyment:
    …”You see in our society, beauty and love and making love are lifelong desires we all have. Love and making love is what our society is all about. It is what we’ve been Genetically Engineered to do. We celebrate Healthy living and Sex. It is our way.”…
    …True to her word, as we left the Medical Center hand in hand, I saw females here and there being carried about while mounted upon muscular males. I also saw couples here and there making love on couches and other soft pedestals which were placed along the way, as Female told me, just for that purpose. I also felt warm air circulated about me, in this beautiful domed city of love, so that walking about naked felt quite normal and comfortable. I looked up as we left the Medical Center and observed the beautiful Dome that covered the city. So I had correctly guessed that the air was filtered and climate controlled just like in one of my ‘Sleep Units’. …
    …This was a beautiful city full of Beautiful people doing Beautiful things. Nearly always naked, they work and have wonderful sex whenever possible. …
    Not too bad ha. I wrote this book with the nude lifestyle in mind. My book is called: Tomorrow’s World #1 by Steve Nelson. Please Google me and my book title for more info.
    Thank You Very Much, Steve Nelson

    ReplyDelete